Required as soon as possible
Full-time (36 hrs per week / 52 weeks per year)
Salary Surrey Pay – (£23,243 to £26,080) Pay award pending from 1/4/23.
(depending on skills & experience)
Shift pattern negotiable within business requirements
The Winston Churchill School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and proactive Premises Assistant to be part of a well-established premises team, ensuring that the buildings, grounds and utilities are maintained to a high and safe standard.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an approachable and confident manner allowing communication with a wide variety of people, including our students.
- Have skills appropriate to buildings maintenance and willing to support with all aspects of maintaining an education facility.
- Have some understanding of the requirements with regard to Health & Safety across the site.
- Be able to work on his/her own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Be physically fit as heavy lifting and working at heights will be involved (training provided)
The successful candidate will be part of the premises team of three full time staff led by the School Business Manager, who will meet regularly to learn from one other, enabling the school to become outstanding. The requirement for flexibility of working hours is sometimes required.
Applicants must ensure that they include a statement of application outlining their suitability for the post in relation to the job description and person specification. Applications should be posted or emailed to Mrs R. Zimmerman, Headteacher’s PA (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Closing date: noon, 28th April 2023
Interview date: to be confirmed
(this school reserves the right to interview promptly should a suitable candidate apply)
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to demonstrably share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974. Shortlisted applicants will be required to supply details of any unspent convictions and conditional cautions and any spent convictions and adult cautions that are not protected (i.e. that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended).
If you are appointed you will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
The Winston Churchill School Child Protection Policy can be found here