Discovery Centre Manager
Required from September 2019
5 days a week (36 hours per week/42 weeks per year)
Surrey Pay grade S6: £23,951 to £26,438
Pro-rata (£21,988 to £24,271)
Dependent upon experience
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic person, who will be able to confidently support our students by creating an inspiring centre for learning.
- the management of the library and the service provided.
- supporting the work of the students by ensuring that appropriate resources are available and that there is a productive working environment.
- developing procedures and processes to enhance the delivery of the provision
- working with students in improving learning skills to enable them to access education and achieve their full potential
- complementing the work of teachers by supporting learning activities.
- Creating additional learning opportunities, through events and speakers.
- Providing analysis of key data for Senior Leadership Team relating to the usage of the library and the resources.
- The opportunity to create your own community projects
- A supportive working environment
- Surrey Benefits Scheme
- Appropriate Training
- A team that will appreciate your experience and life skills.
Ofsted 2018 quote: ‘pupils appreciate the wide range of opportunities available’
Applications must be posted or emailed to The Headteacher(email@example.com).
Applicants should also include a statement of application outlining their suitability for the post in relation to the job description and person specification, with two sides of A4 as a maximum.
Closing date: noon, Thursday 4th July 2019
Interview date: to be confirmed
(this school reserves the right to interview promptly should a suitable candidate apply)
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required prior to commencement.