Required as soon as possible.
Surrey Pay grade to be negotiated (dependent upon experience and skills)
Working hours either:
*Full-time, 36 hours - 5 days per week*
26 days holiday (must include school closure days)
*36 hours – 5 days per week for 42 weeks per year (pro-rated salary) *
As a large, high performing, supportive and progressive secondary school, we are seeking a specific individual to join our family here at Winston to be responsible for supporting nearly 200 staff. We therefore seek applicants who can demonstrate confidence, experience and understand the need for accuracy, good communication and prioritisation within their role.
As with all our middle management roles, we strongly encourage you to visit us, to discuss the role further, know our expectations and better understand how the school operates.
Reporting to the Business Manager & Headteacher you would be responsible for the following:
- All matters relating to the Human Resource functions of the school and the school businesses
- Maintaining and monitoring of accurate HR records & production of information required.
- Ensuring the accuracy of the Safeguarding Register (SCR).
- Undertaking the accurate input of information and meeting deadlines for monthly payroll
- Working closely with the Senior Leadership Team on the HR processes and challenges
- Providing general HR support including attendance and contribution at meetings.
- Maintaining records and data relating to the school’s staffing.
- A supportive working environment with experienced colleagues.
- The opportunity to gain a broad experience of HR
- Training appropriate to your individual needs
- A team that will appreciate your experience and life skill
No remote working: as a senior middle leader you are required to be part of the running of our school and contributing to the whole school ethos.
“As the HR Manager at the Winston Churchill School, you have an extremely valuable role, supporting staff and all of the processes linked to the employee lifecycle. The role is incredibly varied, with no two days the same and you have the opportunity to interact and work with everyone in the school community, which is highly rewarding.”– Current HR Manager
Ofsted 2018 quote: ‘pupils appreciate the wide range of opportunities available’
Further information and an application form are available here. We welcome visits to the school to discuss the opportunity, please phone to make an appointment.
Applications should be posted or emailed to Mrs R. Zimmerman, the Headteacher’s PA (email@example.com).
Applicants must ensure that they include a statement of application outlining their suitability for the post in relation to the job description and person specification, with 2 sides of A4 as a maximum.
(This school reserves the right to interview promptly should a suitable candidate apply)
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to demonstrably share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974. Shortlisted applicants will be required to supply details of any unspent convictions and conditional cautions and any spent convictions and adult cautions that are not protected (i.e. that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended).
If you are appointed you will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
The Winston Churchill School Child Protection Policy can be found here