Casual Sports Assistant
Required from Summer 2021
Casual hours – as required
Due to the nature of the business there are no guaranteed set hours of work.
Applicants would be offered variable hours with appropriate notice based on the needs of the business.
Surrey Pay PS1/2
£ 9.29 Per hour
We are seeking confident and hard-working applicants that preferably have an interest in Sport and Leisure, enjoy working with people and happy to be given responsibility to deal with a range of duties.
Successful applicants will be asked to support the operation of the Sports Centre, carrying out duties which could include any or a combination of the following:
- Ensure the Health & Safety of customers is being met throughout the Sports Centre facilities. This will necessitate regular patrols of the facilities.
- Undertake routine inspections of the Premises and Equipment, diagnosing issues if possible and take appropriate action.
- Action preventative maintenance schedules, progress basic repairs where possible.
- Oversee contractors undertaking professional repairs.
- Ensure the highest level of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the facilities, ensuring rubbish is removed, spillages are dealt with and bins are emptied.
- Setting up and down of sports equipment and facilities as required.
- Maintain a high level of customer service at all times, engaging with visitors and being visible and active around the site.
- Regularly interact through different marketing techniques with gym members, ensuring they are fully satisfied with the gym facilities.
- Assist with gym challenges for the membership and maintain a regular presence on the gym floor.
- Ensure the gym is cleaned regularly and to a high standard.
- Regularly check equipment and associated services to make sure it is working and calibrated correctly.
- Assist members with operating and getting the most from the gym facilities.
- Take out of service any defective equipment and if unable to be fixed report the issue to the Centre manager.
- Attend team meetings as directed by the Sports Centre Manager.
- Administrative support as directed in support of the Sports Centre Management.
- Meet the requirements for practice and conduct as set out in the WCS Support Staff Standards and associated documents.
- Undertake any other duty as reasonably directed by the Sports Centre Management.
Applications should be emailed to Mr R Inwards, Sports Centre Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should also include a brief statement of application outlining their suitability for the post in relation to the job description and person specification.
Closing Date: noon, 25th June 2021
Interview dates: To be confirmed (this school reserves the right to interview promptly should a suitable candidate apply)
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required prior to commencement.