Speech and Language Therapist
Required for September 2019
5 days a week (30 hours per week / 39 weeks per year)
Surrey Pay grade PS7: £27,099 to £29,912
Pro-rata = £19,251 to £21,249
Dependent upon experience
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Speech & Language Therapist to work alongside the school’s Head of Learning Support and Educational Psychologist. As part of the team, you will promote, develop and secure the highest standard of provision for children, families and the school. This post will provide you with an opportunity to gain high quality experience prior to applying for a place on a recognised doctoral training course.
Would you like to:
- Plan and lead Speech, language and communication groups working closely with Surrey SALT services so that needs are identified and the correct support given
- Support Teaching Assistants in their role of leading groups
- arry out SEND assessments to spot potential issues – NEW Guidance
- Have a good understanding and being able, in consultation with the SENCO, to lead on the SEND code of practice
- Lead social and communication groups alongside the SENCO
- Deliver high quality Literacy intervention developing language skills to small groups
- Observe key pupils in class and offer advice/guidance to teachers around Communication and Interaction
- Be responsible for outreach referrals alongside the SENCO
- Support key pupils when heightened using emotion coaching/RJ/ASD strategies
- Be an emotion coach for high need ASD cases and closely work with families
- Be actively involved with ‘Communication is Key’ cases and offer support and advice where needed
- Support & liaise with home school link workers/attendance officer in reintegration of ASD school refusers
In return you will have:
- A good (single or joint) honours approved degree
- Relevant experience working with children and young people
- Knowledge and understanding of how to apply the role in an educational and community setting
- Knowledge of methods of collecting and analysing data
- The ability to work to deadlines, with a high standard of report writing
- Ability to communicate effectively and be competent with IT
- Knowledge of and experience in working with children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) will be an advantage
You will receive regular supervision from an experienced member of the team and have opportunities for team work and support from a range of professionals.
We welcome visits to the school to discuss the opportunity, please phone to make an appointment.
Applications must be posted or emailed to the headteacher Mrs R. Zimmerman, Headteacher’s PA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applicants should ensure they include a statement detailing their suitability for the post in relation to the job description and person specification, with 2 sides of A4 as a maximum.
Ofsted 2018 quote: ‘pupils appreciate the wide range of opportunities available’
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required prior to commencement.