Internal Exclusion Manager
Required from September 2019
5 days a week (36 hours) for 39 weeks per year
Surrey Pay grade PS6: £23,951 to £26,438
Pro-rata = £20,418 to £22,538
Dependent upon experience
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic person, who will be able to confidently support our students through a sanction, of up to five days, and then successfully back into their lessons.
- the management of the Internal Exclusion Room and service provided
- coordinating the students’ work and ensuring work is set and completed
- developing procedures and processes to enhance the delivery of the provision
- working with students in managing their behaviour and improving learning skills to enable them to access education and achieve their full potential
- complementing the work of teachers by taking responsibility for learning activities
- providing analysis of key data for Senior Leadership Team relating to the internal exclusion sanction and its effectiveness within the Behaviour Management System
- developing alternative curriculum packages for students and ensuring the quality of the provision
- working as part of a team with the Intervention Manager, responsible for working with small groups of students on core subjects
- A supportive working environment
- Surrey Benefits Scheme
- Appropriate Training
- A team that will appreciate your experience and life skills.
You will receive regular supervision from an experienced member of the team and have opportunities for team work and support from a range of professionals. This would be an ideal opportunity for someone wishing to gain relevant experience with a view to applying for a place to train in Educational or Clinical Psychology.
Ofsted 2018 quote: ‘pupils appreciate the wide range of opportunities available’
Applications must be posted or emailed to the headteacher Mrs R. Zimmerman, Headteacher’s PA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applicants should ensure they include a statement detailing their suitability for the post in relation to the job description and person specification, with 2 sides of A4 as a maximum.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required prior to commencement.