Head of Learning Support
Required from September 2023 / January 2024
Salary: MPS or UPS (Fringe pay scale)
(£29,344 - £44,919) + TLR1c (£10,710)
An outstanding leader, with a passion for creating learning opportunities for young people with special educational needs, is required to develop a whole school approach to reducing barriers to learning.
You will be:-
- Ambitious for the delivery of quality first teaching across the school
- Determined, with the capacity to engage and support our staff team
- Committed to improving the levels of progress for students with SEND
- Focussed on inclusion and school development
- Able to analyse and use data to drive up standards through strategic planning
- Committed to ‘The Winston Way’
Winston offers you:-
- Enthusiastic students, ready to learn
- A committed supportive staff team
- Excellent career development opportunities
- The support to be transformational
- Leadership development opportunities
- Range of benefits – see website
Ofsted 2018 quote: ‘pupils appreciate the wide range of opportunities available’
Further information and an application form are available on the school website: www.wcsc.org.uk
Applicants must ensure that they include a statement of 500 words outlining a vision for the SEN department and what you understand to be the priorities of the role.
Applications must be posted or emailed to Mrs R. Zimmerman, the Headteacher’s PA, on email@example.com
Closing Date: noon, Monday 12th June 2023
Interview dates: To be confirmed (this school reserves the right to interview promptly should a suitable candidate apply)
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to demonstrably share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974. Shortlisted applicants will be required to supply details of any unspent convictions and conditional cautions and any spent convictions and adult cautions that are not protected (i.e. that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended).
If you are appointed you will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check