Discovery Centre Manager
Required from January 2022
5 days a week (36 hours per week/42 weeks per year)
Surrey Pay grade S6: Dependent upon experience
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic person, who will be able to confidently support our students by creating an inspiring centre for learning.
- the management of the library and the service provided.
- supporting the work of the students by ensuring that appropriate resources are available and that there is a productive working environment.
- developing procedures and processes to enhance the delivery of the provision
- working with students in improving learning skills to enable them to access education and achieve their full potential
- complementing the work of teachers by supporting learning activities.
- Creating additional learning opportunities, through events and speakers.
- Providing analysis of key data for Senior Leadership Team relating to the usage of the library and the resources.
Ofsted 2018 quote: ‘pupils appreciate the wide range of opportunities available’
More information and an application form are available here
Applicants must ensure that they include a statement of application outlining their suitability for the post in relation to the job description and person specification.
Applications should be posted or emailed to Mrs R. Zimmerman, Headteacher’s PA (email@example.com).
Closing date: noon, 19th November
Interview date: to be confirmed
(this school reserves the right to interview promptly should a suitable candidate apply)
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to demonstrably share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974. Shortlisted applicants will be required to supply details of any unspent convictions and conditional cautions and any spent convictions and adult cautions that are not protected (i.e. that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended).
If you are appointed you will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
The Winston Churchill School Child Protection Policy can be found here