Casual Sports Assistant
Required from November 2021
Casual hours – as required
Due to the nature of the business there are no guaranteed set hours of work. Applicants would be offered variable hours with appropriate notice based on the needs of the business.
Surrey Pay PS1/2
£ 9.29 Per hour
- Ensure the Health & Safety of customers is being met throughout the Sports Centre facilities. This will necessitate regular patrols of the facilities.
- Undertake routine inspections of the Premises and Equipment, diagnosing issues if possible and take appropriate action.
- Action preventative maintenance schedules, progress basic repairs where possible.
- Oversee contractors undertaking professional repairs.
- Ensure the highest level of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the facilities, ensuring rubbish is removed, spillages are dealt with and bins are emptied.
- Setting up and down of sports equipment and facilities as required.
- Maintain a high level of customer service at all times, engaging with visitors and being visible and active around the site.
- Regularly interact through different marketing techniques with gym members, ensuring they are fully satisfied with the gym facilities.
- Assist with gym challenges for the membership and maintain a regular presence on the gym floor.
- Ensure the gym is cleaned regularly and to a high standard.
- Regularly check equipment and associated services to make sure it is working and calibrated correctly.
- Assist members with operating and getting the most from the gym facilities.
- Take out of service any defective equipment and if unable to be fixed report the issue to the Centre manager.
- Attend team meetings as directed by the Sports Centre Manager.
- Administrative support as directed in support of the Sports Centre Management.
- Meet the requirements for practice and conduct as set out in the WCS Support Staff Standards and associated documents.
- Undertake any other duty as reasonably directed by the Sports Centre Management.
Applications using the form associated with this vacancy should be emailed to Mr R Inwards, Sports Centre Manager email@example.com
Applicants should also include a brief statement of application outlining their suitability for the post in relation to the job description and person specification.
Closing date: noon, 20th October 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
(this school reserves the right to interview promptly should a suitable candidate apply)
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to demonstrably share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974. Shortlisted applicants will be required to supply details of any unspent convictions and conditional cautions and any spent convictions and adult cautions that are not protected (i.e. that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended).
If you are appointed you will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
The Winston Churchill School Child Protection Policy can be found here